"Frequently Asked Questions"
- What are your office hours?
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8AM-3PM. We are closed on major holidays.
- What are your cleaning times?
- We start our first appointment at 9AM and our second appointment around 1PM.
- What types of cleaning do you do?
- Two types. Either a general cleaning or move-out/in cleaning.
- How many maids do you send?
- Normally, only 1.
- Do all your maids speak English?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- Yes, as long as it's on our checklist to be cleaned and you call within 24 hours (1 business day) after
- Do you give references?
- No. We don't believe giving out our
customers names and telephone numbers is an appropriate way to do
business. We consider that confidential information and we don't
share it with anyone. Some services will give references, but do
you really know who you are talking to. It may be the owners wife,
mother or friend. We suggest you check with the Better Business
Bureau on any service you decide to use.
- What is your Better Business Bureau rating?
- A+ since 1995. To verify, please click here.
- Do you come to my home and give me an estimate?
- No, all estimates
are given over the telephone or you may use the e-mail estimate
form on the main page. Estimates are based on what we have
historically cleaned your size home for if it's in average
condition and based on our checklist. Most in-home estimates are
just high pressure sales calls.
- Do I supply the cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner or do you?
- We supply everything necessary to clean your home. The only exception
would be those customers who want a special product used that we
- Do I have to have my whole house cleaned?
- No. We have a two
hour minimum that you may use, however, we require a written
priority list on what you would like cleaned in the two
- Do you clean windows?
- Yes, but only the insides. Check our
"Recommended Services" on the main page for outside window
- Do you work on Saturday?
- Yes, on MOST Saturdays, but with only
limited staff. If you want a Saturday appointment it is recommended
you call on Monday to make an appointment.
- Do you clean carpets?
- We only vacuum carpets. Check our
"Recommended Services" on the main page for a carpet cleaner in
your area. These are the only carpet cleaners we recommend and they
will allow you to use our $10 coupon for their services.
- Do you do laundry (wash clothes) or ironing?
- Do I have to be home when the maid comes?
- No, but we do need to make arrangements for entry into your home.
- Do you bill a customer after cleaning?
- No. Payment is
expected after the cleaning. We accept cash, check or credit
- Will the same maid continue to clean my
home on a regular basis?
as long as you are happy with that maid and as long as that maid is
with Carolina Maids.
- Do I have to lock up my pets?
- No. Our maids like pets and are happy
to have them around, as long as the pets feel the same way! We'd
like the opportunity to be introduced to them by you on the first
visit, if possible.
- Do I have to sign a contract?
- No. We want to earn your business
each time we clean. If you do need to cancel or reschedule, we'd
appreciate as much notice as possible. If you do encounter a
company that requires a contract, please be very careful what you
sign. You should be able to change or terminate a service without
having to worry about a contract.
- Do I tip the maid?
- It's totally up to you and is neither expected nor required.
- What if something is broken?
- Occasionally this will happen. If you
aren't home our maid will leave a note and also let the office
know. We will call you the next business day. If you find something
broken but didn't find a note or get a call from the office, please
call us immediately. All breakage claims are handled
- What if a maid asks to clean my home on the side?
- Carolina Maids has a
contractual arrangement with our maids which does not allow this
sort of conduct, but occasionally it will happen. If it does, we
ask you to please call the office and let us know. We don't want
dishonest maids and you certainly don't want a dishonest person in
your home. If the maid will steal from Carolina Maids, she will
steal from you!
- What if I ask the maid to clean my home
on the side?
- Some folks use a
maid service to find a private maid because they believe it will
save them money. In the long run it won't. Not only do you have to
pay the maid the hourly rate agreed upon, you must carry the maid
as a "household" employee, which requires federal and state taxes
being withheld and submitted. Individual maids never have the
"bells & whistles" protection a maid service would have. In
addition, the maid is under a contractual agreement with Carolina
Maids which does not allow this sort of conduct. As stated above,
we do not want dishonest people in our customers homes and neither
should you. Honesty is always the best policy.
- Got a question we didn't answer
- Send an e-mail to us.
©1996-2018 Carolina Maids Inc.